(This information will also be found in the documentation we sent you originally).
Either contact the person who is working on your case, or if you would rather take a different route then approach our Quality Manager who is:
Mrs Susan Gratton dd: 01392 288389 email: SLG@vplaw.co.uk
Sue does not work full time.
It may be that you would rather make a more formal complaint, and we have a process in place in that event. Help us ensure we miss nothing by setting out your complaint(s) in writing (either letter or email). We will then acknowledge your complaint, and explain the time frame by when you can expect a full written response (normally when a Partner assigned to investigate the complaint has reviewed the papers). If our file has been archived there first may be a short delay while we retrieve the papers from store.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority – can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. The SRA is particularly interested where allegations include dishonesty (including worries about your money), unprofessional behaviour and complaints of unfair treatment because of age, disability, gender orientation, religion or other characteristic.
The Legal Ombudsman – In other cases, should you feel we have not resolved your complaint properly, the office of the Legal Ombudsman can help you. They look at complaints independently and of course it will not affect how we handle your case if it is still ongoing.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you ask the Ombudsman to help, you must do so:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
- Visit: www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems
- Visit: www.legalombudsman.org.uk
- Write to: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
- Call the Ombudsman: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
- Email the Ombudsman: firstname.lastname@example.org