Our Crediton office has been home to a legal practice since the late 1800s, when the business was headed up by Mr Dryden. The business acquired a new partner in the 1920s, Mr Veitch, to whom the practice was later transferred in 1931. Thus, the first half of our name was created. In 1950, Mr Penny joined the business, and there has been a Penny in the practice ever since!
At our office in Crediton, Mr Veitch’s old interview room has been restored to its original glory as an interview, meeting and conference room.
In 1980, Veitch Penny expanded from our Crediton roots by launching an additional office in Exeter’s Guidhall Centre, and later in the High Street before moving into it’s offices at Manor Court over 25 years ago. Exeter then became established as our head office.
Pictured: 1. Mr Dryden 2. Mr Veitch 3. Mr Dryden’s Crediton office as used today