The firm is aware of the detrimental effect people can have on the environment and is dedicated to minimising its impact as much as possible. The firm understands the beneficial effect the policy will also have on staff morale, company image, reducing liability incidents and improving cost control.
The firm recognises the compliance needed with relevant environmental legislation as a minimum level of performance and will endeavour to maintain this level at all times.
Aims & Principles
- To educate employees in environmental issues and the effect of their actions on the environment;
- To involve the firm in local environmental initiatives and educate staff in local issues;
- To train employees in environmental procedure and notify them of any changes;
- To constantly monitor progress, note areas for improvement and review policy performance annually;
- To expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors and endeavouring to source all future suppliers and contractors with this in mind;
- Assist clients and contacts to use products and services in an environmentally sensitive way.
1. To minimise waste
- Through endeavouring to recycle paper, plastics and cardboard wherever possible;
- Sourcing materials from sustainable or renewable sources wherever possible;
- Minimise the use of packaging wherever possible;
- Reducing use of disposable cups and plates;
- Reuse files, ring binders, file dividers and plastic wallets whenever possible;
- All confidential waste is recycled;
- All printer and toner ink cartridges are recycled;
- Source all paper from recycled and/or renewable sources.
2. To reduce carbon emissions
- Through encouraging the use of car sharing and public transport wherever possible.
3. Efficient use of water and energy
- By making sure the last to leave a room to switch off all lights;
- By making sure all electrical equipment and lights are switched off at the end of the day (except those deemed essential by the IT Manager);
- By making sure that no water is wasted unnecessarily by regularly checking the water meter to make sure there are no leaks.
4. Reduce use of chemicals with a detrimental effect on the environment
- Through the use of biodegradable chemicals;
- Minimising use of solvents and lead-based paints;
- Phasing out the use of CFCs and ozone-depleting substances.
- Change physical computing hardware to thin clients;
- We already recycle all of our inks and toners but will look to further improve our photocopying supply chain to minimise our environmental impact as much as possible;
- Look at introducing energy efficient lighting where feasible;
- Possible staff travel incentive scheme to be introduced.